The Indonesian rice table is one of the most glorious Dutch inventions. In ‘Our India’ – until 1948 part of the Kingdom – the economical Dutchmen created a true feast with their native ‘kokkies’ of leftovers: the rice table. 8, 12, 16 or even 20 small dishes of meat, fish and vegetables, each with its own soft or sharp taste.
After the independence of Indonesia, the rice table was distributed to the Netherlands by the thousands of returnees from The Hague, the ‘Widow of India’.
We are proud to offer you three delicious rice tables thanks to the cooperation with the famous Indonesian Toko ‘Asli Indonesia’.
As you sail along the canals, the Amstel or the IJ, you will enjoy the refined flavours that the ‘Gordel van de Smaragd’ has produced.
Selamat Makan – Enjoy your meal!
Order your tickets below for only € 59,50 per person*
Children 4 – 11 years: € 29,50 per person*
5 pm: reception on board the Bredero with a drink
5.30 pm: opening rice table buffet ‘Bali’
7.30 pm: end of cruise
Getting on and off at the jetty in front of Singel 250 Amsterdam, near the post office.
The ship will be at the jetty from 4.45 pm.
Notice the fine print:
package price includes VAT and VMR
package includes 1 consumption per person, other refreshments on board available for a fee.
Rice table Bali
- KRUPUK ASLI – variety of Oriental crackers
- NASI PUTIH – aromatic white pandan rice
- SATE BABI – marinated pork in a savoury peanut sauce
- DAGING RENDANG – spicy beef stew
- TAHU TEMPE TAOCO – tahu and tempe cooked with black soy bean sauce
- SAMBAL GORENG BOONTJES – mild spicy beans
- ACAR KETIMUN – Javanese cucumber salad
- SAMBAL GORENG KENTANG – mild spicy potato sticks
- SERUNDENG – roasted coconut with peanuts
- SAMBAL BAJAK – fried chilly
- SPEKKOEK – layered spice Javanese cake